Sunday, September 8, 2013

project 52 of 2013 | silence/peace

I have a 3 year old (yesterday! Happy birthday, Baby!) and a 2 1/2 month old, so silence is not something I'm familiar with as of late; but, my days are filled with moments of peace. I am exclusively nursing our baby, and those times, no matter where we are or what is going on around us, are blissful moments of peace and relative quiet as we connect with each other and disengage the rest of the world.

It seems "breast feeding sessions" are all the rage right now - but they're not quite my style. In fact, these images are the first we've ever taken of me nursing our daughter. Seriously. Not even a quick snap with a cell phone. While I feel proud that this is something we are able to share and I support all other breast feeding moms, I also feel that for us, it is a private moment. Still, there was no better way for me to photograph "peace" than these moments.

silence, peace, project 52, photoblog, Virginia photographer, blog hop, breast feeding, nursing, parenting, baby,

silence, peace, project 52, photoblog, Virginia photographer, blog hop, breast feeding, nursing, parenting, baby,

A special thank you to my husband for pushing the shutter from where I instructed him.

Next, please hop over to Michele and check out her "silence/peace" image.

4 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you mean about the peacefulness of breastfeeding. My three each nursed for 2.5-4 years. I did take quite a few pictures of us too, but back then I only had a point & shoot. Your pictures are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it so sweet. I don't have many of these either but I do love them. Very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nursed each of my boys for a year, and I never once got a photo of it... I wish I had. Beautiful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried getting shots with my last.... and they were just too inappropriate. These that you've taken are great though! I know how you feel, but like you said, it' a nice memory and for a good movement.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. please be sure to allow notifications of follow-up comments so I can respond to you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...